Follow Us

Request Lost or damaged ID card Replacement

This service allows foreign missions to apply for the replacement of lost or damaged diplomatic, international organizations, and special identity cards for employees and their families, through the MoFA website. The replaced ID will be issued in case of a stolen, lost, or damaged ID.


 Service Procedures

  • 1. Register
    + (enter the username and password shared with entities authorized to apply for the service.)
  • 2. Submit a request
    + (fill in the service form and attach the required documents.)
  • 3. You will receive a confirmation email
  • 4. Receiving the request
    + (You will receive an email informing you that the card is ready to be delivered.)

Service Fees
Free service
Service Type
Complementary - Procedural
Service Time
15 Working Days
Total Transactions

Service Beneficiaries

  • Diplomatic staff members in Foreign Missions accredited to the UAE and their families (spouse and children).

Required Documents

  • An official note signed and sealed by the foreign mission accredited to the UAE.
  • A copy of the Police Report.
  • The original ID card to be replaced in order to request replacement of a damaged card.
  • A copy of the ID card issued by MoFA.

Service Application Channels

Service Delivery Channels

Receipt at the MoFA headquarters - Abu Dhabi

Service Procedures

Service steps

Sustainable Development Goals


User Guide

Terms and Conditions

A copy of the Police Report informing that the old ID card has been lost.
Hand over the original ID card to be replaced to MOFA, in order to request the replacement of a damaged card.

For Enquiries

Please call our call center or

This link will direct you to an external website that may have different content and privacy policies from