Follow Us


What is the currency of Greece?


What is the European emergency number?


What is the fire service number?


What is the police number?


What is the maximum amount of cash a person is allowed to carry when entering or leaving Greece?

9999 euros, and any amount more than that, should be registered at  the customs office at the airport.

What do I do to recover the purchase tax?

In order to get your purchase tax refunded, you must, whenever you buy anything, fill out a (Tax -Free) application  which is  available at any shop.
keep these forms available with you at the airport when you are leaving Greece to any country outside the Schengen area, you must go to the customs office to register your purchased items along with the tax -free application, the customs office will stamp this application after reviewing the data stated thereon , then you must go to the Office of (EuroChange)  to get the refund of the amount of tax you paid.


What should I do in case of illness?

You can contact SOS doctors on the number 1016 from any landline or mobile, and within 30 to 45 minutes a doctor will visit you wherever you are.
These doctors are fluent in English and are working 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the cost of this consultation is 75 euros on working days from 7:00 am to 10:30 pm, 80 euros on Saturdays and Sundays, 90 euros on holidays, and 100 Euros from 10:30 pm to 7:00am.


This link will direct you to an external website that may have different content and privacy policies from