Visas & Passports for Travel to the UAEAustrian Slovakian and Slovenian citizens with passports (diplomat, special or ordinary):
- Will be granted a visit visa-free of charge upon arrival to the UAE, and for a maximum period of 90 days.
- The passport will simply be stamped with the visit visa as you pass through the immigration section at any airport in the UAE.
- All types of visit and tourist visas can be extended for 30 days twice, upon applying for it and after successful approval by the relevant authority.
- This can be done without the need to leave the country.
Diplomatic and Official passport holders Please follow the following steps in order to obtain the appropriate visa:
- Complete the visa application form electronically: (The application must be typed).
- An original passport, valid for at least six (6) months, signed by the bearer.
- Scan your passport in color (include the cover and the first page of the passport).
- Two original passport photos, in color with a white background (4 cm – 6 cm).
- An original verbal note letter written in English or in Arabic from a government department, governmental agency, Embassy or any UN organization in Vienna.
- The verbal note should include the following details: name, status, passport-type & number, the purpose of the visit, date of the departure from Austria, date of arrival to the
UAE, and the duration of your stay in the UAE:
- For a multiple-entry visa, please attach a detailed itinerary sheet clarifying all your official meetings in the UAE.
- The original application form and the necessary requirements mentioned above should be brought to the consular section during the working hours (9:30 am - 1:00 pm)
- As soon as we receive the approval, we will notify you by email to your email address provided in your application form.
Visit Visa (Tourist Visa)
The UAE embassy in Vienna does not issue visit visas (Tourist visas) all information can be obtained through the following link: https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/visa-and-emirates-id/where-to-apply-for-entry-permits-or-visas
The UAE Embassy in Vienna does not issue Transit Visa, The Transit Visa can be granted to a passenger transiting to a third destination through one of the UAE airports by the airport authorities, This type of visa will allow the passenger to stay in the United Arab Emirates for 96 hours or less, The passenger can apply for a Transit Visa upon arrival at the airport, The Transit Visa can also be arranged for the passenger by the Emirates airline prior to his/her travel to the UAE.
Transit Visa Eligibility:
Any passenger who fulfills the following conditions will be eligible to apply for a transit visa.
- A passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- An airline ticket that shows the continuation of the trip to a third destination.
- Departing the UAE within 96 hours from the period of obtaining a Transit Visa. (The period of 96 hours starts from the arrival time and ends at departure time.)
For more information, please contact the UAE Embassy's Consular Section