- Smoking is prohibited in all indoor public places in Hong Kong, including restaurants, bars, malls and karaoke venues, and public transport carriers; and in both the indoor and outdoor areas of some premises, including public beaches and swimming pools, and escalators. Any person smoking or carrying a lighted cigarette, cigar, or pipe in a designated non-smoking area will be liable to a fixed penalty of $1,500HKD.
- Spitting or littering in the street will lead to a fixed penalty of $1,500HKD.
- Any unauthorized or improper parking of vehicles will lead to the fixed penalty of $480HKD.
- Besides, it is against Hong Kong law to bring some items into Hong Kong. All travelers, including those transiting through the airport, are liable for prosecution if they are found in possession of these dangerous items: stun gun, tear spray, bullet, flick knife, knuckle duster, and extendible baton.
- To add on, each single baggage cannot weigh more than 32kg/70lbs. Airlines will refuse to receive your baggage if it exceeds the limit.
- In emergency situations, you can contact the local police, ambulance service, fire department and other emergency services for instant response by calling 999. If you lose your passport, make a “lost report” at the nearest police station (call the Police hotline 25277177 for locations). Then contact the Consulate for further assistance.
- If your wallet or other valuables are lost or stolen, please notify your hotel immediately and report the theft to the police. Keep a separate record of your credit card numbers and report the loss to your card issuers as quickly as possible. Please check with your credit card issuers or insurance company for emergency assistance.
- Addresses and telephone numbers of some public and private hospitals in Hong Kong:
- Tang Shiu Kin Hospital, 282 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai (22912000)
- Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Pokfulam (22553838)
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 30 Gascoigne Road, King’s Park, Kowloon (35068428/ 35068888)
- Canossa Hospital (Caritas), 1 Old Peak Road (25222181) Hong Kong Sanatorium
- Hospital, 2 Village Road, Happy Valley (25720211) St Teresa’s Hospital, 327 Prince Edward Road, Kowloon (22003434)