- UAE-France economic relations are strategic in terms of the level of investment, bilateral agreements, and exchange.
- Total non-oil trade between the UAE and France reached USD 7.521 billion in 2019. Total UAE investment flows into France reached approximately USD 172.9 million between 2016 and 2020, while total French investment flows into the UAE reached nearly USD 3.123 billion between 2016 and 2020.
- Key investment sectors in France are renewable energy, coal, oil, and gas, consumer products, textiles, transportation, and warehousing.
- Furthermore, the total number of French companies that have invested in the UAE until 2019 is 207.
- The total number of UAE companies that have invested in France is 21.
Key bilateral agreements signed between the two countries are:
- Investment Protection and Promotion Agreement
- Avoidance of Double Taxation Agreement
- Air Services Agreement