The UAE is linked with the State of Kuwait by strong economic ties:
- 26/11/2020: Agthia Group, a major food and beverage production company in the region, announced that it has signed a "sale and purchase agreement" to take over "Faysal Bakery and Sweets ", one of the most famous bakery companies in Kuwait and a trademark with a prestigious history and a variety of distinguished products. Agthia Group is part of ADQ, one of the region’s largest holding companies, with a broad portfolio of major enterprises spanning key sectors of Abu Dhabi’s diversified economy.
- 29/1/2020: The UAE, represented by the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA), signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the State of Kuwait, represented by Kuwait’s Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
- 23/12/2019: “ESAAD” Card Committee of Dubai Police GHQ signed a memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with Kuwait Business Council (KuwaitBC), to issue “ESAAD” Card to KuwaitBC employees. “ESAAD” cardholders are provided with benefits and discounts at various percentages in both the public and private sectors.
- 23/12/2019: Etihad Airways signed a codeshare partnership agreement with Kuwait Airways, whereby guests of both companies can, as of 22 December, make bookings for specific destinations to travel starting 5 January 2020. Subject to the approval of the authorities concerned, Etihad Airways will place its ‘EY’ code on Kuwait Airways operated flights from Abu Dhabi to Kuwait, Najaf and Dhaka. While, Kuwait Airways, in turn, will place its ‘KU’ code on Etihad flights from Kuwait to Abu Dhabi, Belgrade, Casablanca, Rabat, Khartoum, Johannesburg, Lagos, Nairobi, Male in the Maldives, and Mahe in the Seychelles.
- 30/10/2019: “Hawkamah Institute” for Corporate Governance of Dubai International Financial Center Authority (DIFC) and the Capital Markets Authority of Kuwait (CMA) recently signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) to promote efficient corporate governance practices for listed companies in Kuwait and raise awareness of their importance among these companies in particular and among other state institutions in general. The MoC aims at promoting cooperation between both parties to raise the awareness of members of boards of directors, executive management and secretariats concerned with governance, auditing, and risk at
listed companies in the securities exchange and other CMA-licensed shareholding companies, with the latest developments in governance and best international practice.
- 23/5/2019: UAE’s Export Credit Company, Etihad Credit Insurance (ECI) has signed a reinsurance agreement with the multilateral political and export credit risk insurance provider, the Arab Investment & Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (Dhaman), to further enhance growth and expansion of exporting companies in the UAE and increase inter-Arab trade and UAE exports globally, in keeping with UAE’s non-oil diversification strategy and Vision 2021. The joint efforts of ECI and Dhaman will support the target of enhancement of economic growth in Arab countries, through the exchange of research and knowledge, offering technical assistance to Arab Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) promotion agencies, national export credit insurance agencies, as well as cooperation with Arab and international organizations involved in investment and exports promotion.
- 20/1/2019:Dubai’s Economic Development Department (DED), represented by the Business Registration and Licensing (BRL) Sector, and Kuwait Business Council (KuwaitBC) in Dubai and the northern emirates, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to enhance bilateral relations and create opportunities for developing Kuwaiti projects managed through social media and to explore potential business opportunities for Kuwaiti projects in Dubai and the UAE. This partnership is part of DED's commitment to facilitate and enable businesses, especially from the sisterly GCC countries.
- 3/1/2019: A memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Arab Youth Centre and the Ministry of State for Youth Affairs in Kuwait to exchange opinions and ideas on various functions.
- 20/12/2018: Etihad Credit Insurance (ECI), the UAE Federal export credit company, has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the multilateral political and export credit insurance provider, the Arab Investment & Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (Dhaman), to strengthen inter-Arab trade and UAE exports globally. The MoU lays the foundation framework for both parties to encourage local businesses to grow and expand, thereby boosting inter-Arab trade and UAE exports worldwide in line with the UAE’s non-oil diversification strategy.
- 7/4/2017: The UAE Ministry of Finance (MoF) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Sabah Al Ahmad Center for Giftedness and Creativity (SACGC), at SACGC’s premises in the State of Kuwait.
- 3/6/2013: A protocol of cooperation (PoC) has been signed between the UAE Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FCCI) and Kuwait Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) and on the activation programme in the environment field (2014-2015), the executive programme for the cultural and technical agreement between UAE and Kuwait governments (2013-2014-2015) and the cooperation programme between the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Kuwaiti Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the diplomatic training and research.