UAE EMBASSY ART COMPETITION: "Year of Zayed"
The UAE Embassy in Berlin is celebrating the "Year of Zayed" and is launching an Art Competition for students to create an Artwork commemorating the life of a Great leader and the founder of the UAE, His Highness Shaikh Zayed Al Nahyan. Your submission will be a unique artwork that will be showcased at the UAE Embassy building in Berlin. This competition is aims to select unique and ideal designs for the artwork, to symbolize the rich cultural background of the United Arab Emirates in a creative and innovative way. The Top 3 candidates will be invited to attend the National Day Reception which will be on November 26th 2018, during which the winner of the competition will be announced. The winner will receive two Business Class tickets to the UAE.
Terms of participation
Artists who wish to participate must fulfil several criteria and conditions:
1. Each participant is entitled to submit only one design,
2. The design owner shall waive the ownership of the design and all the rights thereof (including intellectual property rights) to the UAE Embassy in Berlin.
Criteria of Participation
- Complete the registration form.
- Refrain from plagiarizing renowned and famous artworks.
- Submit the design document (photo and explaining text), which explains how the design relates to the United Arab Emirates and its founder.
- Upon selection of the artwork, the artwork must be transported and delivered to the Embassy of United Arab Emirates in Berlin and sign the ownership certificate and a ownership transfer agreement to the name of the Embassy of United Arab Emirates in Berlin.
Steps and stages of the application process
(1) Participants must apply and register online. Requests for registration and documentation must be sent to the e-mail (…@mofaic.gov.ae). [education and/or Media]
(2) The Embassy of United Arab Emirates in Berlin evaluates the submitted photos of your artwork and responds to participants (acceptance or rejection).
(3) The owners of the top three artworks, participants will be invited to attend the National Day Reception and will have to bring the artwork on the day.
September 28, 2018: Launch of the competition – Beginning of application and registration.
November 16, 2018: Application deadline
November 22, 2018: Announcement of finalists
- The winner will receive 2 business Class tickets from Germany to the UAE.
- The owners of the artworks that make it to the finals will have the opportunity to attend the UAE National Day Celebrations at the UAE Embassy premises in Berlin
- The winner will see his/her artwork showcased at UAE Embassy in Berlin.