Nationals of the following countries holding ordinary / regular / normal passport, are permitted to enter the United Arab Emirates without obtaining a pre-obtained Entry Visit Visa. They will be granted a single entry visit/tourist visa upon their arrival at UAE air, land & sea ports valid for 30 days and free of charge. This visa can be extended for another 30 days by applying to the UAE Department of Residency & Naturalization but fee is applicable. Any person who enters by an Entry Visit Visa is not allowed to work in the UAE paid or unpaid.
|1- Netherlands||2- Italy||3- United Kingdom||46. Peoples Republic of china|
|4- Norway||5- Austria||6- Luxemburg||47 Mauritius|
|7- France||8- Greece||9- Portugal||48. Seychelles|
|10- Switzerland||11- Belgium||12- Germany||49. Ukraine|
|13- San Marino||14- Iceland||15- Monaco||50. Bahamas|
|16- Andorra||17- Vatican||18- Spain||51. Argentina|
|19- Sweden||20- Slovenia||21- Poland||52. Solomon Islands|
|22- Finland||23- Ireland||24- Denmark||53. Nauru|
|25- Lithuania||26- Czech||27- Slovakia|| |
|28- Estonia||29- Latvia||30- Hungary|| |
|31- Croatia||32- Cyprus||33- Malta|| |
|34- USA||35- Bulgaria||36- Romania|| |
|37- Japan||38- New Zealand||39- Australia|| |
|40- Brunei||41- Hong Kong||42- Singapore|| |
|43- Canada||44- South Korea||45- Malaysia|| |
Nationals of the countries holding ordinary/normal passports who are not listed in the above table can obtain an Entry Visit/Tourist Visa to enter UAE through one of the following:
- Online: through Emirates or Etihad Air-line (you can find the link from Emirates web site (http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/visa_passport_information/prearranged_uae_visas.aspx
- Through a hotel in which you are going to stay in the UAE.
- Through a relative or friend who resides in the UAE
- Through Travel Agencies based in the UAE
- The above mentioned procedures should be arranged prior to the passenger's travel to the UAE.
- A Passport with a validity of at least six months from the date of first entry to the UAE.
- Round trip/return or at least on-going airline ticket.
Holders of the Australian diplomatic and official passports are required to apply to the UAE Embassy to obtain an Entry Visit Visa prior to travel to the UAE. The following paperwork needs to be submitted:
- Applicant's details should to be typed in the visa application form and all the questions should be answered. Please include the following copies of documents during the lodging of the visa application:
- Completed visa application form by answering all the questions (The form has to be signed by the applicant. Applicants who hold official or Diplomatic Australian passports can provide the sponsor's details by mentioning Australian Embassy in Abu Dhabi or Australian General Consulate in Dubai as well as the address.)
- Colored copy of the original visa application form. (Please download the Visa Application form)
- Applicant's two recent & colored passport photos size : (600x600 pixels minimum to 1200 x1200 pixles maximum ).
Please affix one of it in the visa application and write the applicant's name in the back side of the photo.
- A TPN from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade from one of its offices in the Australian States, stating the purpose of entry, date of arrival & duration of stay in the UAE as well as visa type, single or multiple (valid for 1 , 3 or 6 months). Please mention the sponsor name in the TPN (Australian Embassy in Abu Dhabi or Australian General Consulate in Dubai).
- If the Australian applicant is a member of the Australian Defence Force, he /she has to submit a supportive letter from the UAE Military Attaché Office in Canberra
Phone: 02 - 6298 7777
Address: 20 Pindari Crescent, O'Malley ACT
- Colored, clear & light copies of the visa applicant's passport Bio-data page and its cover (which shows the type of the passport) as well as the original passport.
- The validity of the applicant's passport has to be at least six months or more from the date of entry to the UAE.
The processing time of an entry visit visa takes at least 10 working days or sometimes less.
- Please not that the regulations of a transit visa to enter to the UAE for 96 hours by applying for it upon the arrival at the airport do not apply to the holders of Australian Diplomatic & Official Passports.
- If the applicant is one of the Embassies or Consulates Diplomats who are accredited in Australia, he / she has to submit a TPN from his /her Embassy or Consulate stating the purpose of entry, date & duration of stay in the UAE and visa type (single or multiple) as well as the above mentioned requirements. Please mention the sponsor name in the TPN & visa application form (your country's Embassy or Consulate General in the UAE..
Nationals of the following countries who hold Diplomatic and official passports are permitted to enter the United Arab Emirates without a pre-obtained single Entry Visa:
|Belgium||Norway||Cyprus||State of Vatican||Czech Republic|
|Indonesia||Kazakhstan(Diplomatic Passport Only||South Korea||India||New Zealand|
|Singapore||Armenia (diplomatic passport only)||Socialist Republic of Vietnam||Mauritius||Seychelles|
|Egypt||Peoples Republic of China||Jordon (diplomatic passport only)||Morocco||Tunisia|
|Algeria||Chad (diplomatic passport only)||Russia (diplomatic passport only)||Bahamas||Colombia|
|Brazil||Senegal (diplomatic passport only)||Belarus (diplomatic passport only)||Argentina||Grenada|
|Chili||Costa Rica (diplomatic passport only)||Solomon Islands||Vanuatu||Nauru|
Transit Visa could be granted to a passenger transiting through one of the UAE airports to a third destination by the concerned authorities of the airport. This type of visa will allow the passenger to stay in the UAE for 96 hours or less. The passenger can apply for a Transit Visa upon arrival at the UAE airport.
Any passenger who fulfills the following conditions will be eligible to apply for a transit visa upon arrival.
- A passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- An airline ticket that shows the continuation of the trip to a third destination.
- Departing the UAE within 96 hours from the period of the obtaining of Transit Visa. (The period of 96 hours starts from the arrival time and ends in departure time). * The fee is 100 UAE Dirhams.
Phone: 02 6286 8802 ( Consular Section accepts calls from 09:00 am to 01:00 pm Only )
Fax: 02 6286 8804
E-mail: email@example.com or
Traveling with Medication
- Please not that all medications which are carried by passengers entering to UAE or transiting through its ports are subjected for inspection by UAE Ministry of Health officer upon their arrival at one of the UAE air, land or sea Ports. The officer has the right to ban or allow the entry of the medications to the country.
- Travelers entering to the UAE or transiting through one of its ports are not allowed to take medications which are listed under the PROHIBITED column) even if it is prescribed by an authorized physician / doctor in Australia.
Travelers who are carrying medications which are listed under Narcotic, Psychotropic, CDA (Controlled Drugs A) and CDB (Controlled Drugs B) should fulfill the following requirements:
- A valid medical letter from an authorized physician / doctor which includes:
* The full name of the traveler.
* Scientific name/s of the medication/s.
* Quantity of medication/s which is going to be carried by the traveler. (Amount of medicines carrying by any traveler should not exceed for more than 30 days of treatment).
* Date of arrival and departure from UAE.
(b) Authenticate (authentication stamp not Apostille) the medical letter from one of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade offices in the Australian States & Territories.
(c) Post the authenticated medical letter to the Embassy of UAE in Canberra for legalization to the following address: (12 Bulwarra Close, O'Malley ACT 2606 Att. Consular Section)
(d) The fee of legalization of the authenticated medical letter should be paid on-line and a copy of the receipt to be posted with the letter. Please visit click: Attestation.
(e) Include also a pre-paid self-addressed return envelope (Express post.....) as well as a covering letter which includes day phone number, email address & mailing address.
Please click the following link to get access to the 12 pages list of medications which has list of the prohibited and the other categories of medications: