Role and Responsibilities
To lead the Embassy's analysis and reporting on economic developments in Germany and Germany-Foreign Country trade data, improving the Business Environment, particularly on Trade.
Core economic work
- Manage the Germany Network's analysis and reporting on domestic economic issues in Germany as well as their impact on foreign country-interests.
- Manage the provision of German-(Foreign Country) trade data to Germany Network, including providing economic analysis to inform high value campaigns in Germany.
- Provide a high-quality service through regular communication with customers across the government body interested in Germany.
- Assist in the organization and co-ordination of economics-related visits and policy dialogues (e.g. Economic and Financial Dialogue, Joint Economic & Trade Committee)
- Maintain a wide network of professional contacts (from government departments, think-tanks, academia, private sector)
- Accompany the Ambassador/other senior members of staff to meetings and write the record.
- Implementing general economic/trade policy into country and region specific policy and guidelines
- Contributing to the plans and goals formulated in the annual plan and in line with the goals for economic diplomacy.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Masters level in Economics (or related field) or equivalent 5 years work-experience in an applied economics or policy context; Knowledge of the German domestic economic context; Excellent written and oral communication skills, suitable for a fast-paced foreign policy environment.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
Knowledge of international trade; Contacts in relevant Germany government departments, think tanks, academia and the private sector; Awareness of foreign country interests in Germany
Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Engaging Internationally, working within group, innovative within the field
Fluent English (oral, written, reading), Fluent German (oral, written, reading), Fluent Arabic (oral, reading).
Good IT skills
Does this sound like you and are you ready for a new challenge? Please send your application at: BerlinEMB.HR@mofaic.gov.ae